Saturday, May 10, 2008

Design

There is an extreme amount of good design coming out of Western Europe, Belgium, the Netherlands, France and Germany, so much so I’ve had a hard time really organizing information, every design site or event or designer leads to a ton of other links and cool stuff. I guess that’s one the benefits of blogging about it, I can always go back and add more info, keep a running record of research-sort of the point of a blog I know. In the way of Belgian designers, I’ve liked looking at the work of Dries Verbruggen, Hans-Christian Karlberg, and Arne Quinze, Raphael Charles, and the series of reMix objects. Designers I’ve looked at from the Netherlands are Bart Hess, Esther De Groot, Kiki Van Eijk, and Saar Oosterhof, and the Material Sense group. From Germany I liked the work of Anna Borman &Selma Serman, and Marc Mann. From France I looked at Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec, and Phillipe Starck. I also liked Spanish designer Patricia Urquiola’s furniture line, Urquiola being a Spanish designer working in Italy.

1 comment:

Laserchina said...

The deep engraving is relief processing in the manufacturing industry.